Monday, June 30, 2014

Benchmark Ride

I set out Sunday to do a 3-hour ride, with a target IF of .80, or a TSS of at least 190. The half IM ride will require a similar TSS load, so I need to execute many of these rides in training. I can't just "finish" them...they have to be comfortable and repeatable.

I got it done. I'm estimating my 60min Power at 190w right now. My ride of 158w (NP) for 3:05 brought the TSS in at 214, the highest TSS I've gotten done in over 5 years. The ride was tiring...too tiring to go out an run a sub-2 hour half marathon. But...it's only the first one. I'll hit these at least once a week going forward.

Didn't get a long run in this weekend. I'll have time to do that mid-week early in the morning one day.

I gotta get my lazy ass to master's swim...

No comments:

Post a Comment