Thursday, June 26, 2014

Trouble with the Calendar

Just checking in here to confess to a lack of structure in my training. Running is going good -- really good. I feel great and the miles just float by. Speed is coming around, and I think running 2 hours is going to be within reach by September 21.

I have done four rides in 3 weeks. Not good; not at all. That's barely enough to maintain a steady low level of fitness; I'm certainly not going to get better. Going to redouble my commitment to riding starting this weekend with a long ride on Sunday. Goal is to hold an appropriate steady effort and see how the power numbers come out. I'm really hoping to end up around 150w without pushing too hard. Race goal is 160w, again without pushing too hard.

I've been getting in the pool once a week for an easy 1k yards. Still a little intimidated to show up at masters. Going to have to get over that and just get it done.

All in all, I feel good and I know I could improve quickly. But life conspires to interfere with my plans and I'm just not getting the work done.

Weight is good -- I started this escapade weighing about 184. I'm down to 174 and I think 165-168 is definitely reachable without any overt calorie restriction. Just stick to fruits, veggies and quality proteins+fats and I'll be fine.

One good bit of news -- I pulled down a stack of pants hidden away on the top shelf of my closet. You know the deal -- pants you bought in a bout of optimism that never really fit?

They all fit now! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment