Friday, August 22, 2014

Swim Update

I've done four masters sessions since my last swim update. It always amazes me how fast basic swim fitness can come around. I've already moved over one lane (to the 2800-2900y lane) and can keep up with everyone. Yesterday's session felt strong. I'm going again tomorrow morning, then a long ride.

Another advantage to masters is that you can get some actual instruction. The instructor gave me some very good tips on my arm positions and how to use a two-beat kick better. I immediately felt faster and smoother in the water.

At this rate, maybe I can be optimistic about swimming around 35 minutes at altitude. I'm not going to push it certainly...I will go out very slow and easy and see how it feels. But I should be able to be under 40 minutes without hardly trying.

No comments:

Post a Comment